Welcome 2014! I love the start of a new year, new beginnings and fresh starts. To start out this year we are reorganizing our office space. The year before last we did a quick makeover to revamp the office in one of our spare bedrooms as I had started grad school and needed a quiet place to study. Now that school is over and we are putting more effort into the business, we need a centralized place to keep track of orders, receipts and current projects. Our mudroom has always been a catch all for papers and receipts, so it will make the perfect command center as we head into the new year. Here are a few of the essentials that we are adding to get this small space to be a more productive place:
1. File cabinet- this beautiful mint colored file cabinet was exactly the perfect height to fit under our built in desk. It has 2 drawers of loose storage and a large drawer at the bottom for file folders. Perfect for our storage needs and looks great as well!
2. Receipt scanner- my mother-in-law got us this Neat Receipt scanner for Christmas this year. It was a gift for Kiel's business but I have to say I was probably more excited about it than he was. No more crumpled receipt piles longing to be sorted. Just scan and file digitally!
3. File storage- these simple gray filers are sleek and modern which will be perfect to contrast the rustic tone of this area. I am excited to upgrade to all uniform storage for our extra papers and books.
4. Calendar- I love these calendars from Sugar Paper. I actually picked up a cheaper version at target in a monthly box format. It serves as our central communication for both our busy schedules.
5. External hard drive- You know you are old when you get an external hard drive for Christmas. I have been needing one for a while- ever since my computer meets sun tea incident. With all the photography and blogging, my computer has been pretty bogged down in terms of memory. I can't wait to start using this for added and backup storage.
Below is our current mudroom- I will share the after photos once we get everything organized and in order!