Planning out baby m's room has been super fun and excited yet a little nerve wracking at the same time. As we are slowing pulling things together the realization that he is going to be here in 4 short months becomes overwhelming. So much to do but so little time! Here is the inspiration behind our plans for the baby's room- a colorful vintage modern mix. Simplistic yet bold. We are hoping to be close to done with the room by the end of next month and ready to share!
1. Colorful accessories- like vintage maps or globes, prints, and textiles
2. Simplistic crib & cool colored walls- we picked up the Sniglar crib from Ikea which is budget friendly but also rated well in terms of safety and quality from some of the books we have been resourcing. I love this cool wall color paired with the simple crib. I love the white but we are going neutral in our room
3. Where the Wild Things- last year Kiel carved me an image similar to this into a piece of reclaimed barnwood as a Valentine's gift when we started to discuss trying for a baby. It goes perfectly with an overall adventure theme for the room and is probably the most sentimental piece we have for this space
4. Mustard Throw- I love the pop of bright green/ yellow that this throw provides. We plan to keep a couple throws around the room for those chilly winter nights rocking the baby to sleep as our upstairs rooms can get a bit drafty
5. Vintage Homecrest Glider- I love the modern look of this glider, as well as the dark black accent it will provide for the room. They are comfortable- but definitely need some cushioning! And the best part is we have one of these in our backyard already!
6. Colorful closet- Really loving the pop of color in the closet here, this is perfect for a nursery. We will need lots of extra storage in this room (and the nursery has the largest closet in the entire house!) so adding some fun color and organization will be perfect
For more inspiration check out our every growing Pinterest Board and stay tuned for the big reveal of the finished nursery next month!