Last year we made over our family room into a lovely play space for Evan. We have done a lot of fun DIY projects for this space with the latest one being this super easy but very practical and functional kid's table. We tried out these great hairpin legs from Industrial By Design which we painted a bright teal and paired with a wormy maple reclaimed top (made by Midwest Woods of course!). To round out the little table we added these modern chairs and a soft fur rug. It's the perfect space for Evan to learn to draw, play with legos, or to climb upon to look out the window (eeek!). The best part? When he outgrows it we can use it as a coffee or side table, what a win!
DIY: hairpin leg playroom table with Industrial By Design
- Hairpin legs (16" raw steel)
- Spray paint
- Wood top (we had this one made by Kiel but you can really use any wooden top desired!)
1. Spray paint your screws and hairpin legs
2. Measure 3 spots close to the edge of the table top (on the underside) evenly spaced apart (we chose to go with just 3 legs to make fitting chairs easier)
3. Screw the legs into the place
Flip over the table, add a little finish (or in our case a little vegetable oil!), add chairs and let your children go wild!