I brought in all my succulents off the porch last month and they ended up in my craft room for lack of a better place to put them (and also I am a hoarder and have no room anywhere). When I was playing around with some clear glass bulbs in my craft room, I decided to create one of those little terrariums inside an ornament to give away for Christmas. Here are the instructions if you want to make one too!
glass bulbs (available at craft stores- purchased mine at Michael's)
skewer stick or knitting needle
moss (available at your local gardening centers)
small succulents (I used little growths that sprouted off our porch succulent over the summer)
beads or anything fun that you want to add into your little terrarium
1. Fill your glass bulb with a small amount of dirt
2. Add in your little succulent (s) and moss- use a skewer stick or knitting needle to manipulate them around in the bulb and to ensure that the root of your little succulent is covered by the dirt
3. Add in any little pieces of flair that you desire- I used a little G bead for my sister Ginna and a few sequins from my craft room
4. Place a few little holes in the metal top of your ornament- this will ensure that your little terrarium does not fog up, however you will need to water every once in a while (if the soil is rather moist to start, you can go as long as a few weeks before watering again as succulents prefer a more dry environment and will die if overwatered)
5. Tie some twine to the metal top and hang your little terrarium!