It's time to freshen and liven up our living areas for spring! There's no easier way to add a little color and pattern to your living space than a new toss pillow. This two toned pillow has a lovely floral pattern that works with the growth and liveliness of spring paired with a pastel solid that helps to balance the pattern without overwhelming the living space. I love how it turned out and it's much easier to make than you think. Just a few simple steps followed by your basic envelope pillow tutorial and you have a new case for the season in no time! Oh and this wonderful pillow insert that we tried out for this tutorial really filled out the case and made it look that much better. Read on for the detailed supply list and instructions!
DIY: two toned pillow case
- Pillow insert
- Floral fabric
- Pastel solid fabric (in similar weight fabric as floral pattern)
- Sewing scissors
- Straight edge with measure
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter
- Sewing machine
- Thread in coordinating color
1. Iron both fabrics
2. Measure your pillow insert and cut 1 piece from each of the fabric that measures half your width (plus 1 to 2 inches for seam allowance) by 2.5x your length.
3. Pin and sew the 2 pieces of fabric together (sew with right sides together) along the length edge (your longest side) to create 1 large piece of fabric that is longer. Then iron your seam in towards the fabric piece. This creates 1 large piece of fabric with 2 sides. This is what you will use to create your envelope case in step 4.
4. Follow these instructions to finish up the pillow case!
Insert the pillow insert into the case and display in your living space! And be happy because it's spring :)
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, however I did receive a sample for my review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.