This week has been a bit slow on the blog (total lack of posts, I know!), but has been super busy elsewhere. The addition is officially move in ready, invites have been sent out for baby m's shower, and it is officially October which means Halloween time! Here is what we have been up to this week.
1. This week on Homedit I shared this easy how-to for a planter sweater cozy. I love repurposing sweaters in the cooler seasons (such a cheap and easy way bring warmth into the home!) so keep your eyes peeled for a few more like this!
2. Another material I love working with that is relatively inexpensive and in abundance are logs (one of the perks of living with a wood worker who now has a band mill in our driveway...). These half log book ends are another simple and easy DIY that I shared over on Homedit this week.
3. We have most of the planning done for baby m's baby shower. Just a few short weeks until it's here. We are going with an adventure theme (somewhat like his room theme) and am loving some of the details from this camp- themed baby shower over on 100 Layer Cake-let. Finishing up the details in the next few weeks and can't wait to share at the end of the month after the shower!
4. We are putting the finishing touches on baby m's nursery and I plan to make his mobile this week. Thinking something similar to this triangle mobile but shorter and with a little more texture and color. Plans for a how-to next week!
5. The addition is pretty much done!!!! Well done in terms of being move in ready. I purchased this fun little sale print from These Are Things this weekend to add to my finished studio space to remind me to focus and keep on track. So until it comes I have written reminders on post its everywhere. Focus, and soon enough the addition will be done done, as in actually finished and ready to become my creative workspace!
Although it has been quiet here in the past few days, we have been hard at working finishing up these projects with lots to share in the upcoming weeks so stay tuned!